domestic abuse

Do You Need An Order Of Protection?

By Dr. Jordan / April 3, 2013 /

IF SOMEONE IS MAKING YOU FEEL SCARED OR UNSAFE, you may be able to get an Order of Protection or ‘OP’ (also called a ‘restraining order’) from a New York State Family Court, Criminal Court or both. The Supreme Court can also issue an OP if you are getting a divorce. WHAT IS AN ORDER OF…

Read More